It has been a long relationship partner with the Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases since 2014, with a 10 years success story.
The 17th Annual Saudi Conference of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology is the premier event in the Kingdom, catering to health professionals specializing in infectious diseases, clinical microbiology, research, and pharmacy. This year’s conference focuses on addressing the ongoing impact of COVID-19 and other pathogens, aiming to improve healthcare practices and infection management.
- COVID-19 Preparedness: Discuss the current situation, prevention, and control measures for COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases, ensuring comprehensive compliance across the Kingdom.
- Knowledge Exchange: Facilitate information sharing among healthcare professionals, fostering collaboration and advancements in infectious diseases practices, affecting more than 95% of healthcare professionals.
- Addressing Challenges: Tackle the diagnostic and management challenges of emerging infections, aiming to achieve significant breakthroughs in overcoming these obstacles.
- Advancing Infection Management: Explore new international and domestic perspectives on infection management, antimicrobial stewardship, and innovative diagnostic technologies.
- Translating Research into Practice: Promote the translation of research and epidemiological data into quality improvement practices, prioritizing patient safety.
- Combating Antibiotic Resistance: Develop strategies to slow down the evolution of antimicrobial resistance, aiming for up to 60% effectiveness.
- Improving TB Diagnosis: Address challenges in diagnosing tuberculosis in smear-negative patients and infections at extra-pulmonary sites, aiming to achieve an improvement rate of at least 80%.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship: Discuss the core principles of antimicrobial stewardship in healthcare facilities, focusing on achieving 80-90% appropriate use of antibiotics through effective planning and intervention.
- Laboratory Safety: Ensure 100% compliance with laboratory safety protocols and optimal management of specimens.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Review the progress and future applications of COVID-19 vaccination technologies, aiming for up to what percentage of vaccination rollout during pandemics.
- Monoclonal Antibodies and Convalescent Plasma: Evaluate the efficacy of monoclonal antibodies and convalescent plasma in achieving an 80% cure rate for complications caused by SARS-CoV-2 infection.
By addressing these objectives, the conference aims to enhance knowledge, promote collaboration, and find effective solutions in the field of infectious diseases and microbiology.
In this case study, we will explore how VMA, a leading event management agency, successfully executed the 17th Annual Conference of Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. The conference required a hybrid approach that integrated both in-person and virtual elements, and VMA’s event management and hybrid activity management services proved essential to its success.
VMA is an event management agency that prides itself on providing exceptional event planning and execution services to its clients. With years of experience in managing events both big and small, VMA is a trusted partner for organizations that want to create memorable experiences for their attendees.
Planning the 17th Annual Conference of Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
The Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases approached VMA to plan the 17th Annual Conference. Because of the ongoing pandemic, the conference required a hybrid approach that integrated both in-person and virtual elements. VMA was eager to take on the challenge of executing a successful hybrid event and began planning immediately.
Key Service: Event Management and Hybrid Activity Management
VMA’s event management and hybrid activity management services helped them create a seamless experience for attendees and manage the complexities of coordinating a hybrid event:
- Concept Development: VMA worked closely with the Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases to develop a concept that would engage both in-person and virtual attendees.
- Marketing and Promotion: VMA created a marketing strategy to attract attendees to the event, which included targeted social media advertising, email marketing, and media partnerships.
- On-site Event Management: VMA managed the logistics of the in-person event, from attendee registration and livestream.
- Technical Support for Virtual Attendees: VMA provided technical support to virtual attendees, including troubleshooting assistance, to ensure that they could access the event seamlessly.
- Production of High-Quality Audiovisual Content for Virtual Attendees: VMA partnered with production companies to ensure that virtual attendees were not left out and had a high-quality, engaging experience.
The challenge VMA faced was to coordinate a seamless hybrid event that created an engaging and interactive experience for both in-person and virtual attendees.
To overcome these challenges, VMA executed the following strategies:
- Embracing Technology: VMA utilized advanced virtual event software and platforms to facilitate seamless virtual interaction, which allowed virtual attendees to engage with in-person attendees in real-time.
- Quality Production: VMA partnered with leading production companies to ensure high-quality audiovisual production, which created an immersive experience for virtual attendees alike.
- Personalization: VMA curated tailored content for virtual attendees, allowing them to actively participate and contribute to the conference.
- Robust Technical Support: VMA provided dedicated technical support for virtual attendees to offer assistance with any issues that arose, ensuring a smooth virtual experience.
By successfully implementing these strategies, VMA achieved the following results:
- Increased Event Reach: A hybrid approach enabled a broader audience reach, with virtual attendees joining from various parts of the world. This enabled a higher level of participation and engagement with the event.
- Enhanced Participant Experience: The seamless integration of in-person and virtual activities provided an engaging and interactive experience for all participants, resulting in positive feedback and satisfaction.
- Improved Cost Efficiency: The hybrid approach reduced the overall expenses associated with hosting an exclusive in-person event, while still delivering an impactful experience for both virtual and in-person attendees.
- Positive Brand Image: The successful execution of the hybrid event management showcased VMA’s capabilities and expertise in adapting to new trends and delivering exceptional experiences.
This case study demonstrates the effectiveness of VMA’s event management and hybrid activity management services. By leveraging their expertise, embracing technology, and adapting to changing needs, VMA successfully organized a seamless and engaging hybrid conference.
Their ability to integrate virtual and in-person elements has positioned them as a trusted partner for organizations seeking to embrace hybrid event concepts. The 17th Annual Conference of Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases was a huge success and a testament to VMA’s expertise in event management.